WOMEN IN VECTOR CONTROL (WIVC) TRAVEL AWARD 8TH PAMCA CONFERENCE & EXHIBITION 26TH -28TH SEPTEMBER 2022, KIGALI, RWANDA
PAMCA is committed to building the capacity of women leaders in the vector-borne disease (VBD) control in Africa. Specifically, PAMCA aims to achieve these goals through explicit action plans including strengthening the role of women in VBD control through policy and advocacy; promoting gender equality in women in the field of VBD control; building women’s capacity through targeted training programs, networking and collaboration, and promoting the active engagement of nonprofessional women within grassroot communities in VBD control and elimination efforts.
In order to showcase the work done by women, provision of networking platform and increasing visibility, PAMCA has set aside a Women in Vector Control (WIVC) Travel award for early career women who would like to attend and present their work during the upcoming 8th PAMCA conference to be held in Kigali, Rwanda on 26th – 28th September 2022.
Conference Travel Award
PAMCA WIVC calls for applications for Travel Award to attend the 8th PAMCA Annual Conference & Exhibition up to a maximum of $ 2000 per award. The award will cover the cost of accommodation, conference registration fees, round trip travel (economy airfare or road) from the applicant’s country in Africa to Rwanda and back, visa application fees where applicable, COVID tests, and subsistence stipend for the three-day duration of the conference.
This Travel Award specifically targets female students and young investigators working on vector borne diseases in Africa. The Applicants must be registered PAMCA members with valid PAMCA membership for the current year of application. Applicants must have submitted an abstract for the 8th PAMCA Annual Conference. Applicants who did not submit an abstract but would wish to be considered for this travel award can get in touch with PAMCA directly on the email firstname.lastname@example.org for special consideration.
Applicants are invited from:
- Female Students (bachelors, master, PhD)
- Young female investigators/early career professionals in all areas of entomology/vector control
- The Travel Awards will only be available to the listed category of applicants from all vector borne disease-endemic African countries
- Fill the form from this link > Application Form Link
- Applicant information
- PAMCA membership: please indicate your membership ID
- Abstract submission: please indicate whether you have submitted an abstract to the 8th PAMCA Annual Conference & Exhibition, please include the abstract ID, title, and the abstract text
- Conference travel costs: please provide an itemized cost of the conference travel (e.g. return airfare costs, accommodation, subsistence, COVID Test if needed, etc)
- All applications must be received by 15th July 2022 5pm GMT. All applications received after the deadline will not be considered.
Review process & Assessment Criteria
Each applicant is expected to only apply for one out of the different travel awards that PAMCA together with its funding partners have advertised for. An applicant who applies to multiple awards will be automatically disqualified.
- Applicant fulfils all the eligibility criteria
- Duly filled and completed application form
- Abstract has been submitted to PAMCA for the 8th Annual Conference & Exhibition
- Abstract is within scope of VBD
- June 15, 2022 Travel Award Applications Open Notification
- July 15, 2022 Travel Award Applications Close
- July 31, 2022 Notification of Travel Awards to Successful Applicants
Successful applicants will be notified of their applications by July 31, 2022, following successful review of the applications by a joint panel of PAMCA WIVC Committee. Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.